Antiques Road Show

Go here to find or post details of events, concerts and other time related items.. Reports of previous events should also be published here.

Antiques Road Show

Postby Richard Heard » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:15 pm

Next week's issue of 'Radio Times' lists 'Antiques Roadshow' this coming Sunday - the 20th - as coming from Delaval Hall. Julia took some pipes along which generated interest, although there are no guarantees that they will appear. BBC1, 8pm, Sunday 20th - possibly worth a look,
Richard
Richard Heard

Full Name: Richard Heard

Re: Antiques Road Show

Postby Eric » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:28 pm

Thank you Richard, will definitely check it out in case.... :)
Eric

Full Name: Eric McCairns

Postby Julia Say » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:37 pm

Thanks, Richard.

Julia had a letter from the BBC last week. The film will not be on this episode on Sunday, but is being used for "Seaton Delaval 2", which will be screened in March 2012.
I do know that members of the Clough family also took pipes in. Word was that since they had no players, they were not filmed. Might be worth looking out for them though - Tom is the spitting image of his grandad (famous Tom)!

There might also be passing shots of us standing in queues - we did a lot of that - and I was in the "audience" when a lady I got chatting to in the green room got filmed. She was nervous and wanted support: her vase turned out to be by a well known name (so well known I've forgotten it) and worth £200.

Julia
Julia Say

Full Name: Julia Say

Postby OldTomsRant » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:47 pm

Julia,
It was Bill Clough, brother of the current Tom at Seaton Delaval. Think Old Tom but better nourished - similar looks to TC III but with a thick beard! I'm told he and his wife were in shot some of the time.
OldTomsRant

Full Name: Chris Ormston

Return to Events, Concerts and related Items