New group in Cambridge, UK

Go here to find or post details of events, concerts and other time related items.. Reports of previous events should also be published here.

New group in Cambridge, UK

Postby Julia Say » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:36 pm

Ross Anderson writes:

"We're organising a Cambridge chapter. There will be an F session to
kick things off this Wednesday. The idea is that we'll have these on
the third Wednesday of each month, to interleave with the London
club's meetings on the first Wednesday.

The first session will be at a pub called The Missing Sock,
Stow-cum-Quy, CB25 9AQ http://www.themissingsock.co.uk/.

Julia
Julia Say

Full Name: Julia Say

Re: New group in Cambridge, UK

Postby alison » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:31 am

Hello Ross, A new group meeting in Cambridge is very welcome. I cannot make the April meet but could come in May although it is still a one hour drive for me from Ipswich. Look forward to hearing from you. Alison
alison

Full Name: Alison Brown

Re: New group in Cambridge, UK

Postby pipemakermike » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:18 pm

Excellent first session. The pub is both large and friendly even if its name is not traditional. We 5 pipers availed ourselves of a very comfortable room curtained off from the main restaurant and got down to the business of giving those traditional pipe tunes a good seeing too. The landlord came and sat in with his large but friendly Alsatian dog - it was most disconcerting to have a cold wet nose pushed gently on ones hand whilst struggling, eyes shut, with the rigors the Rowley Burn! We were also given a small bowl of complementry nibbles - I never did discover what they were but they were tasty.
The pub has a good reputation for food, friendly bar staff and a large carpark. There were 5 of us but the room could easily accommodate 8 or 10 without crowding. The average pitch was close to concert F and our pipes sounded comfortable together. 5 sets all by different makers.

Ross has done a great job in getting this to happen.
pipemakermike

Full Name: Mike Nelson

Return to Events, Concerts and related Items