School Pipes a presentation of the project

Go here to find or post details of events, concerts and other time related items.. Reports of previous events should also be published here.

School Pipes a presentation of the project

Postby pipemakermike » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:19 am

On the 17th of August, in the afternoon, I will be giving a talk at the Chantry in Morpeth on the whole Schoolpipe project covering the design and manufacturing of the sets.
I plan to cover the early stages, the design process and to shed some light on what has been a project subject to much uninformed and unfair criticism. I will cover the process I am undertaking to solve the poor quality manufacturing by Northern Assemblies Ltd, the contractor used for the manufacturing of most of the parts.
I will have half a dozen sets with me and I hope that anyone who wants to will get to have a play on a set.
I also plan to demonstrate the assembly of a set from a kit of parts to a working set.
I will also have some of the prototype parts including the prototype of the keyed chanter and the design information that I am working on to create a production keyed chanter for the future.
I am hoping that the talk will be a lively, interactive and well attended event.

used_1b.JPG
One of the attendees at the Cambridge Folk Festival playing a set
used_1b.JPG (78.61 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
pipemakermike

Full Name: Mike Nelson

Re: School Pipes a presentation of the project

Postby pipemakermike » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:28 pm

To read a report of the talk go here:-
http://www.northumbrianpipers.org.uk/in ... es-project
I really enjoyed the chance to show off the School Pipes and was encouraged by the turnout
pipemakermike

Full Name: Mike Nelson

Re: School Pipes a presentation of the project

Postby edric » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:13 pm

On a related note, here are a stack of photos from the Cambridge Folk Festival Northumbrian Pipes workshop, featuring the school pipes.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10632988 ... PDI0eyblgE
edric

Full Name: Edric Ellis

Return to Events, Concerts and related Items