Pipemaking advice, topics for discussion etc.

Pipemaking, reedmaking & maintanence. Expert pipemakers are eager to answer your questions

Re: Pipemaking advice, topics for discussion etc.

Postby ma1964 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:55 pm

I've checked you account Julia you should have permissions to post attachments ?

As a test email me it and i will if i can post it maybe.

Mark A
ma1964

Full Name: Mark Armstrong

Postby pipemakermike » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:07 pm

Hi Mark

Julia is right that the current setup doesn't allow .xls files to be uploaded and gives the error message "The extension xls is not allowed."

I have had a few discussions about this on other forums and the consensus is that, because that spreadsheet can contain macros and it is possible for the macros to be malicious, some (but not all) forum managers don't allow the upload of any spreadsheet, word document or any other file that can contain any hidden macros or other malicious code. I don't know how serious the threat is but I suspect that it is quite small. I will leave it up to you.
I usually find that, as I have my own web site, I can place a file on that and link it as below and that works for me.

http://www.machineconcepts.co.uk/smallpipes/Key_spring_calcs100701.xls
pipemakermike

Full Name: Mike Nelson

Postby ma1964 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:35 pm

Thanks Mike

Yes there was a phase of that before they moved on to pdfs.
Could i suggest to Julia posting a table (the non wooden variety) that should be ok cut and paste from Excel. I've an interest in this to check out a set I have.

Mark
ma1964

Full Name: Mark Armstrong

Postby Winterdance67 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:12 am

Hi there everyone, I am thinking about having a go at making a set of pipes. I just moved to ontario but grew up on tyneside and I think I am suddenly getting sentimental. Anyway I was going to use Mike Nelson's e book...which looks fantastic and comprehensive. I did email him but it bounced...anyway, I was just wondering if you were still active on this forum Mike? The question I was going to ask was whether anyone had a complete list of tools that I would need...and I just saw the comments elsewhere, so I guess I will start searching the auctions for a lathe and a bench. If anyone has pictures of their workspace and a list of tools that would be helpful. I am wondering if I can set up shop in a small space, ten by 6 feet...off my main office. Otherwise it is the garage....cold in winter in ontario ;)
All best Steve Quilley
Winterdance67

Full Name: Steve quilley

Previous

Return to Pipemaking