Bag-making workshop/s

Pipemaking, reedmaking & maintanence. Expert pipemakers are eager to answer your questions

Bag-making workshop/s

Postby Julia Say » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:37 pm

Somewhere around 10-12 April, Jackie Boyce the bag maker is probably coming to the NE of England, and would like to do one or more, 2 hour start to finish, bag making workshops. One of these will probably be part of the Morpeth Gathering. Jackie thinks 10 people will be the maximum practical number for best effect. I'm trying to gauge levels of interest (I already know of 5 people) in order to try and schedule more workshops in various places: Jackie's stated intent is to spread the skills he has as widely as possible. If interested in principle, please let me know by one means or another. No commitment at this stage: there will be a modest charge. Thanks - and feel free to pass message on.

Julia
Julia Say

Full Name: Julia Say

Re: Bag-making workshop/s

Postby Tedley » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:18 pm

Jackie is a wonderful resource. He still hand stitches his bags traditionally with a wax end and cobbler's wax.
Tedley

Full Name: TED ANDERSON

Postby Tpfairfax » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:55 am

Julia
Diaries permitting I would be very interested. T
Tpfairfax

Full Name: Tom Fairfax

Postby RobSay » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:13 pm

I see that at least one session is now in the Morpeth Gathering programme: 11:30 - Saturday 11th April

http://www.northumbriana.org.uk/gatheri ... gramme.pdf
RobSay

Postby Julia Say » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:29 pm

yes and no. That Sat session will be more of a demonstration / talk rather than the full workshop, start to finish -and aimed at including the general public as well as interested pipers. The others are likely to be Friday morning, 10 April, Chantry, and Sunday 12 April pm, venue tbc. I'll be sending an email round shortly to those who have expressed interest to date.

The timetable is limited by Jackie's ferry crossings!

Julia
Julia Say

Full Name: Julia Say

Return to Pipemaking