November TOTM open for suggestions

A general forum for all sorts of piping related discussions. If in doubt, post here. All questions answered<G>

November TOTM open for suggestions

Postby Dally » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:44 pm

What topics would you like to see considered for the November Tune of the Month?

"Felton Lonin" was suggested by Pete Stewart. If you don't know already, the Lowland & Borders Pipers Society has a TOTM for Border pipes (and other open-ended pipes) that coincides with ours. Two sides of the same coin.

Broad topics seem to attract more participants than specific ones. Broad topics to consider would be tune types (reel, rant, jig, etc.), tunes associated with a certain piper or pipers, regions or landmarks, activity or type of person (keel men, gypsies, lasses of all sorts, dogs).

Thanks to everyone who has recorded their music and made it public. We're sharing tunes and creating a record for pipers to use for reference that will be valuable for some time to come, I hope. If you want to recommend ways to improve the process please share them.
"The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur." - George W. Bush
Dally

Full Name: John Dally

Re: November TOTM open for suggestions

Postby John Gibbons » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Felton Lonnen is a lovely tune, in any of its incarnations.
So I'm happy to second Pete's suggestion.

Alternating the specific with the general might be a good way to do this??
But I won't suggest a tune-class for December when it isn't Hallowe'en yet.

John
John Gibbons

Return to General Forum