nsp encyclopedia

A general forum for all sorts of piping related discussions. If in doubt, post here. All questions answered<G>

nsp encyclopedia

Postby Julia Say » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:41 am

I've taken down the nsp encyclopedia (the one on nspipes.co.uk, not the NPS site) - it will not be available in the short to medium term.

In theory this is for editing and updating purposes, but apart from time and energy considerations, every time I download an html editor my computer crashes.

When I can be bothered, I'll sort it out (probably).

Julia
Julia Say

Full Name: Julia Say

Re: nsp encyclopedia

Postby John Gibbons » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:07 pm

That's a pity - the Wikipedia piping pages don't have anything like the same coverage,
and the facts in your NSP encyclopedia entries have often been a good start for the corresponding Wikipedia pages.
Also, those Wikipedia pages now have dead links for the relevant citations.

John
John Gibbons

Postby Julia Say » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:54 am

Yes, I know, John.
I'm sorry, but I get periodic complaints about how out of date some sections are.
I haven't time or mental energy to do anything about it right now, but I will try and think about what to do.

For one thing, html has moved on a lot since I coded it, and I can't face learning the up to date ways to do these things - I just don't have that sort of brain anymore. Which is a good thing in other ways.

Julia
Julia Say

Full Name: Julia Say

Postby John Gibbons » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:33 pm

Point taken - some bits were of historical interest only, and not just the bits that were history when you wrote them.
That's the advantage of a wiki - if something gets out of date, and someone knows and cares enough to notice, they can fix it themselves.
But sometimes, someone lacking those 2 qualities will have a go at editing, so pages need more looking after.

John
John Gibbons

Return to General Forum