Meet another newby

A general forum for all sorts of piping related discussions. If in doubt, post here. All questions answered<G>

Meet another newby

Postby Sqweezer » Mon May 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi!

I just received my set of Evans pipes (the F set from this topic viewtopic.php?f=24&t=568). I'm happy indeed but I need some advice. It's not the first time I pump the bellows but my experience was with the Lowland and Border pipes. With this sort of pipes keeping the constant pressure throughout the whole scale is essential. Is it supposed to be the same with the NSP? If it is I'm confused then. In my case I have to adjust the pressure almost for every note. It looks especially strange for me that A and B require more pressure then E and D. And then I have to increase the pressure again for the top notes. I received some spare reeds and it's pretty much the same situation with all of them. I think that I can get used to it but the high g drone is rather sensitive for the pressure so I cannot get the steady chord if it is on. There are no pipers of that kind in my area so any advice is highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Anatoly
Sqweezer

Full Name: Anatoly Isaev

Re: Meet another newby

Postby Sqweezer » Fri May 25, 2012 2:28 pm

Fixed! Thanks for your attention!

Anatoly
Sqweezer

Full Name: Anatoly Isaev

Return to General Forum