Soundcloud

A general forum for all sorts of piping related discussions. If in doubt, post here. All questions answered<G>

Soundcloud

Postby arbios » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:44 am

I initiated a sound cloud account, and tried their recording function. It appears there is some digital signal processing, as the drones are effectively cut-out from my sample recordings after five or six seconds of recording. It is pretty interesting to listen to a recording when drones you know were there, simply disappear one by one. Is anyone aware of how to defeat this feature? I suspect it is useful often, but hardly when recording pipes.
I am beginning to think everything should be made of leather, blackwood, beeswax, cane, bits of string and spit.
arbios

Re: Soundcloud

Postby edric » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:17 am

I haven't had that problem with soundcloud, but then I've never used their 'record' button directly. (I record stuff on a Tascam DR-07 and then transfer it onto my computer before uploading). There's definitely a degree of processing done by soundcloud which can be detrimental to the end result - I found that ensuring the overall volume level is high enough helps. I use Audacity to do that (free, available here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ ) - as well as trim all the unsuccessful attempts.
edric

Full Name: Edric Ellis

Re: Soundcloud

Postby arbios » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:14 pm

Thanks Edric.
I am beginning to think everything should be made of leather, blackwood, beeswax, cane, bits of string and spit.
arbios

Return to General Forum