tele and radio tonight

A general forum for all sorts of piping related discussions. If in doubt, post here. All questions answered<G>

tele and radio tonight

Postby pipemakermike » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:12 pm

We were well represented tonight (Monday 25/11/2013)on the Tele and on the radio.
Robson Green's Northumbria on ITV had some nice playing from Kathryn and Ali and was that Nancy Taylor I spotted in the audience? There was also a cameo of Will Atkinson in his younger days playing the button accordian.
Who was the piper sitting on the bench outside the tourist office?
So, who else was spotted?
Personally, I could have done with less of the highland piping at the Rothbury Festival and perhaps some of the Northumbrian piping competitions (assuming that they are still happening).
On the radio tonight - actually strictly speaking it was on the web but I gather that it can be found on DAB radio - was Kathryn Tickell's first outing with her new venture on Amazing Radio. A half hour of interesting music, none of which I had ever heard before.

nancy 1.jpg
nancy 1.jpg (46.28 KiB) Viewed 781 times
a&k 1.jpg
a&k 1.jpg (33.36 KiB) Viewed 781 times
mp 1.jpg
mp 1.jpg (29.17 KiB) Viewed 781 times
pipemakermike

Full Name: Mike Nelson

Re: tele and radio tonight

Postby Wallie Ogilvie » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:59 pm

Hi Mike,

The piper in the bottom pic is Richard Hedley. He lives in Portsmouth and occasionally plays with the Salisbury group and is a Society member, and I think he and his wife Jean attend the Rothbury music festival every year.

Cheers,

Wallie
Wallie Ogilvie

Re: tele and radio tonight

Postby workers and drones » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:02 pm

Yes! I couldn't agree more about the highlighted highland piping - we could have done with more northumbrian pipes perhaps from the Rothbury festival; is anybody competing in these: see to compete or not to compete!. W&D
workers and drones

Robson Green's Northumbria

Postby pipemakermike » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:29 pm

Here are a couple more stills from the show.
Is it just me or is Robson a rubbish presenter? In general I like his acting but I thought the bit on the adult dialect poetry was very embarassing.
Below:-
Will Atkinson playing button accordian then the 3 shepherds with a very young Kathryn

will on box.jpg
will on box.jpg (37.82 KiB) Viewed 764 times

shepherds.jpg
shepherds.jpg (34.59 KiB) Viewed 764 times
pipemakermike

Full Name: Mike Nelson

Return to General Forum