Is there a NSP piper in or near Suffolk?

A general forum for all sorts of piping related discussions. If in doubt, post here. All questions answered<G>

Is there a NSP piper in or near Suffolk?

Postby rovingbowman » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi,

I am just starting with my secondhand Burleigh pipes and finding it a challenge to get my pipes set up, they have not been played for some time. I have oiled and waxed and sealed, working from the 'Leistman' tutor (very helpful), but would love to spend a little time with someone who knows what they are doing! Who will be able to advice on the sound of my pipes and to make sure my pipes are working correctly so that I am getting an 'honest result' form my playing efforts!

I know Suffolk is a long way from Northumbria, but I am sure I am not the most southerly NSP enthusiast!

Thanks,
Stephen
rovingbowman

Full Name: Stephen Worrall

Re: Is there a NSP piper in or near Suffolk?

Postby Julia Say » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi Stephen

Suffolk is quite a large target. There are NPS members in Suffolk; one in Ipswich itself.

There are also members in Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire (is that right?) and Norfolk. Depending on your location we may be able to direct you to the nearest.
Not all members (by any means) read this forum, though. To get a full membership list with contacts you will need to join the NPS (but then I would say that, wouldn't I! - and you may have already done so.)

Julia
Julia Say

Full Name: Julia Say

Return to General Forum