RSS feed

A general forum for all sorts of piping related discussions. If in doubt, post here. All questions answered<G>

RSS feed

Postby pipemakermike » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:19 am

One member of the forum has requested this facility to be added. I don't have any experience of this and would welcome any input on the benefits and likely uptake.
To find out more please go to:-
Full Name: Mike Nelson

Re: RSS feed

Postby edric » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:07 pm

I would definitely use such a thing. I use RSS extensively to aggregate updates from lots of different websites, and view them all in the same place (which currently happens to be since google discontinued their 'reader'). This saves one from having to visit lots of different websites individually just to see if there are updates of interest; also, 'cloud' services like feedly synchronize across multiple clients (i.e. computers, tablets etc.) which things you've seen already. For instance, I use RSS to keep up-to-date on various searches on and other similar places to see where people are having trouble with our software.

I originally asked if there could be an RSS feed thinking that perhaps there might simply be a switch somewhere to enable it; if there is no such switch, then the 'view unread posts' is a reasonable workaround.
Full Name: Edric Ellis

Re: RSS feed

Postby RobSay » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:52 am

Yes please.

You need to add an RSS module to the bulletin board software

Return to General Forum