Glendale Agricultural Society Children's Day 4 June 15

Go here to find or post details of events, concerts and other time related items.. Reports of previous events should also be published here.

Glendale Agricultural Society Children's Day 4 June 15

Postby Tpfairfax » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:43 am

We are planning to put a piping cluster together for the Glendale Agricultural Society Childrens day at the Wooler Showground on 4th June 2015

The Glendale Agricultural Society Childrens day, normally attracts approximately 2500 children from schools in the area - to see a number of regional and agricultural stands -The event is specifically planned by the Glendale Agricultural Society to give children of all abilities aged between 5 and 9 years, first-hand experience of rural life. The day is free of charge to schools and any first school from Northumberland and North Tyneside is eligible to apply for places. The event is organised by a very small but enthusiastic committee of volunteers, who are passionate about delivering this excellent event.

This is a wonderful opportunity to show off the NSP community in its regional surroundings. I note that the wooler show ground is surrounded by place names which feature in tunes(!)

Probable Concept will be a Bandstand with a rolling music programme - which will, I hope, include some of the younger players/groups. I hope to include a number of piping groups, to show that the piping community in the Northeast is active and vibrant and Active.

Also, if possible, some demonstrations of the other activities, reed making, pipe making and fettling. All suggestions are welcome. If you feel you could support, as a player, a maker, fettler, reed maker - I would be very keen to hear from you. Either on this means or direct on tpfairfax@gmail.com

I will post updates on this site as the plan develops.
Tpfairfax

Full Name: Tom Fairfax

Re: Glendale Agricultural Society Children's Day 4 June 15

Postby Tpfairfax » Mon May 11, 2015 3:28 pm

A quick update on this.

We are booked in, and have some volunteers both players and reedmakers. I will be posting joining instructions presently.

In essence, we will be running a Northumbrian Pipers Stand, somewhere near the centre of the event.
We will be live from 0930 to 3pm, though with the main effort happening from 10am to 2pm.
There will be a rolling programme of playing, along with some reedmaking and fettling. We will have a number of different display screens for people to look at.

Refreshments will be provided.

It is a closed event (due to the children being involved) so if anyone would else is able to support, please let me know and I can get your name on the list.
Should be a belting day.

KR

T
Tpfairfax

Full Name: Tom Fairfax

Return to Events, Concerts and related Items