NSP players in Yorkshire

A general forum for all sorts of piping related discussions. If in doubt, post here. All questions answered<G>

NSP players in Yorkshire

Postby davrigby » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:22 pm

A dream I have is playing the Northumbrian Small Pipes. I am approaching retirement and having played the fiddle for years I am keen to get to know more about the pipes before trying to buy a set. Does anyone know of someone in Yorkshire willing to share their passion for the pipes with a potential novice? I live near York.
Last edited by davrigby on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
davrigby

Full Name: David Rigby

Re: NSP players in Yorkshire

Postby Julia Say » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:21 am

There are a number of players in Yorkshire, including one of the top teachers, and a piping group that meets regularly. However, the county is a fairly large target: if you could be a little more specific (nearest town, say) knowledgeable members may be able to direct you more accurately. It is also perhaps worth pointing out that the NPS issues all members with a membership list, and contacts for local groups.

Hope this helps

Julia
Julia Say

Full Name: Julia Say

Re: NSP players in Yorkshire

Postby drpiper » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:20 am

Julia, I believe he stated he lives near York.

I spent 2013-2014 studying in York and found a small active group to play the GHBs with at York Uni. The group leader was very knowledgeable. If you throw me a PM I will give you his number to contact - he doesn't play the NSP however will be able to help you in your endeavours.

Christopher
drpiper

Full Name: Chris Wideman

Return to General Forum