Salmon Tails Up The Water Duet!

A general forum for all sorts of piping related discussions. If in doubt, post here. All questions answered<G>

Salmon Tails Up The Water Duet!

Postby StephenWatson » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:25 am

Recently came across a CD "The Northumbrian Small Pipes" on the Topic Label TSCD487 and on track 16, as one tune in a set, Colin Caisley and Forster Charlton play Salmon Tails up the Water as a duet. I know this is a very simple 2/4 tune and must admit I have skipped over it for many years when going through Pipers tune book 1 but hearing it as a duet has re-ignited my interest in returning it to my 'most played' list.

I have scoured my music books and even hunted on t'internet but not been able to find a score for this tune as a duet. Has anybody come across such a piece anywhere? I am happy to stay legal and buy the music if someone can point me to the appropriate publication. I fear however that the dots may no longer (if ever) exist so if anyone has a method or an algorithm for calculating a duet piece from a tune I would be most interested to hear it.

Many thanks
Stephen
StephenWatson

Full Name: Stephen Watson

Re: Salmon Tails Up The Water Duet!

Postby Anne Ramsay » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:33 pm

Ann Sessoms composed some lovely 'seconds' to Salmon Tails. Probably not the version on the cd, but I'm sure she would let you have a copy if you contacted her.
Anne Ramsay
Anne Ramsay

Full Name: Anne Ramsay

Postby StephenWatson » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:16 pm

Thanks for this Ann. I shall email Ann Sessoms and ask if she may be able to help.

Regards
Stephen
StephenWatson

Postby StephenWatson » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:53 pm

Sorted!

I contacted Ann Sessoms as suggested and she kindly sent me a copy of her arrangement for duet.

I appreciate the help.

Regards
Stephen
StephenWatson

Return to General Forum